Saturday, February 20, 2010

Latest Song Obsessions and other things



Just because I'm in love with lists...

"Tap at my Window" - Laura Marling
"Beat Your Heart Out" - The Distillers
"A Kiss to Build a Dream On" - Louis Armstrong
"Selfish Jean" - Travis
"River Man" - Nick Drake
"Same Old Drag" - The Apples in Stereo
"Heroes and Villains" - The Beach Boys
"Stars" - Alison Krauss and Union Station
"Hero" - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
"Sascha" - Jolie Holland
"Peachy" - Missy Higgins
"Telephone" - Lady Gaga
"All My Loving" - The Beatles
"Let's get out of this country" - Camera Obscura

Latest Obsessions in General:

The Olympics. I love the snowboarding events. And Evan Lysacek.
Hemmingway
Arthur Rackham's "Alice" Illustrations (see above image)
Laura Marling
Pedro Almodovar films
Francesca Lia Block's books
"Fantastic Mr. Fox" (Looooooove!)
Oregon
Geography
Strawberry Banana smoothies
Peanut Butter

Just because I'm on a huge Laura marling kick... here's the video for "New Romantic" (Sorry if anyone's offended by the minor expletive. Or general, erm, moodiness. I think it's lovely.)

Laura Marling - New Romantic Video by Laura Marling - MySpace Video

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh...I like the illustration. :) I'm so excited to see that new movie too, I hope they don't ruin it. I'll have to check out some of those songs as well... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My roommate made me go to Fantastic Mr. Fox and I loved it! And you should try the banana strawberry smoothies at Maggie Moos. I've never tasted anything better. (Ok, so I did used to work there so I might be a little biased, but really somehow there was always extra when I made that shake. Don't know how that always happened!) p.s. I think peanut butter can be eaten with anything!

    ReplyDelete